DIRECTIONS AND ELEVATION FOR TRAVEL
Love to travel? Then you may need some tips, directions and elevation for travel. Travelling to new places and enjoying a few days at that place is a great source of pleasure. There are many ways to travel such as air travel, rail travel and the like. The best way to travel according to me is driving long distances on roads. Air travel, rail travel, sea travel require you to just book tickets and everything else is taken care of.
But when you prefer road travel, then you need to plan and set the itinerary. A few points are given below to plan a good road trip:
- The first thing you need to do is to sit with your family and arrive at a consensus on the destination that you wish to go to.
- The next step is to decide on the vehicle you wish to travel. You have a lot of options but you need to select the car based on the terrain. Also ensure that the car is well serviced before you start your journey.
- Once the destination and vehicle has been decided you need to get direction and elevation information. Though Google Maps provides distance and direction details, I found that Distancebetween.us provides better directions along with the elevation info. You can print the directions on paper and this will help you to navigate better. You can also calculate the CO2 emissions of your car during the trip.
- Carry some essential items like snacks, chocolates, fruits in your car while traveling. Also stock water for your journey. If you are planning to go on a route which is less inhabited then you will find it difficult to get water and food and hence stocking them before you begin your journey is advised.
- Always keep the first aid kit handy. Even if you feel that nothing will happen, it is important to have the kit handy as you need to be ready to face any eventuality.
- A puncture kit should also be carried in your trip.
- Learn to change tyres beforehand. If you are caught somewhere with no human in sight, your training of changing tyres will be really helpful.
- Buy and keep a fire extinguisher kit in your car. You never know when it might come in handy.
- Book hotel rooms for your stay. Booking before hand will help you combat seasonal rush. If you do not book and travel, you may find that rooms are not available and this can spoil your whole trip, so ensure that you book before you start your journey.
- A very important aspect of traveling is rest. You need to give your tired muscles rest every few hours. You will be able to concentrate better after a few minutes rest.
The above points really need to be heeded to for safe and pleasant travel. But before this, one thing that is very important is budgeting. Budgeting for your travel beforehand will help you save money for your trip. You need to keep cash handy for emergencies. Your cards will work mostly everywhere but keeping some cash at hand is ideal.
We hope you enjoyed our article about directions and elevation for travel. What are your thoughts? Do you have any other tips and advice? Leave your comments below!
Guest post by Jack Wood.